We've finished our 10 years of operations in India recently, are we happy about our performance ? No ! certainly not at all.
Srini is getting corrupted these days joining the back street MoorthyU, AmitCircar and RaviV. Lost his own credibilities which he's known before. Where's the innovation if we're not concentrating on it on a day to day basis ? We hear them only when Soma comes down to visit us in the name of Innovation day, etc as other cooked up stories as well.
Whether Srini is just staying to get his 1000s of stocks to vest and then leave ?
Does Soma know about the low morale of all the teams here due to lack of vision or focus in the management ?
some heart felt suggestions to Srini now....
- Hiring from premium campus alone is not going to help our org in the long run
- encourage the techie loyalists who are there with the organization for long time now( joined IDC and looking for opportunity to contribute more and grow, not the relo fellows)
- STOP hiring from outside for management roles those who do not have single clue about what is management, MS culture, delivery style, etc
- Look for talent in MS IT India, MGSI, SMSG, MSR, GTSC, Tap the good talent by appropriate encouragement of cross division movement( certainly do not poach).
- Grow the internal talent
- Award regularly, religiously for INNOVATION through placing appropriate mechanisms
- Get the ownership end-end so that grass root engineers are not randomized to make the transition happen on their own risk and effort
- CONNECT WITH THE CUSTOMER
- shed your ego, talk to the 'first and best customer' MS IT sitting in your next door
- shut down all GIVING relevant activity until economy revives
- Introduce IDC Management Score Card, make it public
- Make the organization follow more AGILE(scrum) engineering practices
- cut down all REDMOND trips across the board, use live meeting, round table
- bring more accountability to PM roles( I see them roaming around all the time without work, just randomizing other dev, test functions), build the PM excellence more strongly
- share best practices, run a Monthly best practice call
- STB is doing 42 projects, a grass roots innovation concept. Emulate that
- collaborate more with academia, bring out more research sense, Envision for future to really innovate
- collabrate with Enterprise customers like Infy, Wipro, TCS more to know their feedback after using our products. Be a messenger and feedback collector for all our products and create a team to collate this feedback to Redmond Product Teams
- participate in the local Customer Show Cases more seriously
- CUT THE CRAP @ all levels DILIGENTLY, GRACIOUSLY by giving enough notice with decent severance package
out of the below 29 groups in IDC, except EM Labs and Veda none of the teams are reporting to Srini anymore. What's the use of paying Srini in crores of Indian rupees to lead up a big organization at this tough economy ?
- WLC IDC by Perraju Bendapudi
- WinSE by Pankaj Lunia
- RD Virtualization by Jaideep Ganguly
- NIS India EAP-WINS team by Vijay Mamtani
- CRM by Nagesh Pabbisetty
- Unified communications by Nagesh Pabbisetty
- MS Learning by JPS Kohli
- MBD by Rajiv Kumar
- IDC OBA by Hariprasad
- MIW IDC by Prashant Gupta
- SP Express by Ganesh Pandey
- IndiaDev Windows by Amit Chatterjee
- Data & Storage Platform (SQL) by Sanjay Anand
- SQL CE by Sanjay Anand
- Velocity by Seshu Adunuthula
- SQL Developer & Manageability by Balaji Rathakrishnan
- WWLG by Anil Bhansali
- WWAN by PArtha Gosh
- Adcenter by Avi Saxena
- Mobile Platform & Tools by Sudeep Bharati
- JScript PU
- EM Labs by Niranjan Nayak
- ENG IDC by Pankaj Lunia
- DPM by Sundar Srinivasan
- biztalk by Balasubramanian Sriram