Do not know what Mr.Ravi Venkatesan brought when he joined Microsoft except the manufacturing experience. All of us accept he's again IIT, blah, etc . But great leader ?
Not really !!!
Now everyone in SMSG have this question in their mind, "Ravi is worth continuing as CHAIRMAN & CORPORATE VP, INDIA ? "
This Cummins India Alumnus joined Microsoft as Chairman, GM since 3'Feb'2004. Any major achievement he has personally achieved here in India during this 5 years ?
Did he reached this VP position from GM level on his own efforts or just through the love fest tact ?
Particularly whether any sales number went up due to his personal efforts, any government partnership with Indian Government to tackle Piracy and reap out benefits for the company from that initiative ?
Now let's dig deep about Ravi's organization..
- Latif Nathani heading Unlimited Potential Group( 2 directors + 1 Head, 1 lead)
- Meenu Handa heading PR & IMAGE(2 leads, 2 Managers, 1 PM)
- Rajan Anandan heading OEM with 1 Director, Public Sector with 1 GM, DPE with 1 GM, SMS&P with 1 GM, ENTERPRISE with 1 GM, MARKETING & OPS (BMO) with 1 GM, ENT. SERVICES with 1 Group Director, GSI with 1 Director)
- S. Balaji heading Chief of Staff
- Sonia Gupta as executive assistant
- Merge OEM, Public sector, DPE, SMS&P and bring under 1 GM
- Merge Enterprise, Marketing&Ops(BMO), Enterprise Services, GSI and bring them under 1 GM
- Except 2 GMs, we can show door to remaining all leaders in Rajan's organization.
- We have too many directors in the second level who have no work except filing expenses and continue travelling without any goal and efficacy.
Overall we can spare Ravi still since he drove the One Microsoft India theme well compared to all his other colleagues Srini, Moorthy, Sashi under the agenda given to him.
In the ground grass root level SMSG is under staffed in India and in management levels (M2, M3) it is too bulky here in India, management people are more in number than those ones who're executing.
Bring back Ravi's old manager Sanjay Mirchandani to guide him back and focus if Ravi is not accepting this trimming proposal.
Sanjay used to be Microsoft president, Asia-Pacific before he signed off to EMC^2. He used to have a serious disciple Mr. Arumugam Saravanan, excellent leader who setup shop for MS IT India and then setup MGSI, 2 successful ventures of India.
Rip the so called campus hires across SMSG, bunch of people who do not have single clue about the customer. Do not sack experienced people, as dealing with customer can not be taught in single day like technology.
Jean-Philippe Courtois listening ?
Congratulations from everyone in the grass roots for finishing 25 years